The North American Dostoevsky Society invites proposals for blog posts on the topic of “Global Dostoevskys: Influences and Receptions” for our official blog The Bloggers Karamazov. Posts for this limited series should focus on an aspect of Dostoevsky’s influence and reception outside of Russia. Less researched sites of influence and unexplored areas of reception are especially welcome.
Potential blog topics could include, but are not limited to:
- Translations of Dostoevsky’s works
- Shifts in his acclaim or censure within a culture
- Counters to influential readings of Dostoevsky (Bakhtin etc)
- An author/culture’s particular attachment to a character or book from the canon
- Intertextual engagements and reinterpretations of his oeuvre
- Television, film, or theatrical adaptations
- Fictional interpretation of Dostoevsky’s life
- The history/state of Dostoevsky studies in a particular culture, especially when focused on less-studied works in English
Contributors are encouraged to preview projects they are preparing for publication, or to discuss a particular aspect of any research they may be completing. These posts should ideally be between 800 and 1200 words, though longer posts will be considered (up to 2000 words). Photos and video accompaniments are welcome. If your text is not in English, translation options may be available; please note this in your submission for more information.
If you are interested in becoming a contributor, please send a 300 word proposal and a brief bio to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 20, 2021. Individual blogpost deadlines will be negotiated with the editors, but will span Winter 2021 through Spring 2022.